Bail Attorney Services
In more serious cases the prosecutor has to be contacted and a night court has to be setup for the accused.
A night court is a process whereby the prosecutor and attorney meet at the police station with the accused to do an after-hour bail application.
A Night Court Has To Be Set Up If The Accused Is Charged With
- Public violence.
- Possession of drugs.
- Culpable homicide.
- Assault, involving the infliction of grievous bodily harm
- Housebreaking, with intent to commit an offence.
- Malicious injury to property.
- Robbery without a weapon, if the items involved in the offence is less than R20 000
- Theft, if the amount involved in the offence does not exceed R20 000
- Illegal possession of dependence-producing drugs.
- Any offence relating to extortion, fraud, forgery or uttering if the amount of value involved in the offence does not exceed R20 000
In more serious cases only a court can grant the accused bail. The prosecutor will not have the authority to set the accused bail after hours.
Only A Court, After Hearing A Bail Application During Normal Court Hours, Can Fix Bail For The Following Crimes
- Any sexual offence against a child or a person who is mentally disabled
- Trafficking in persons for sexual purposes
- Armed Robbery
- Breaking or entering any premises
- Theft, receiving stolen property knowing it to have been stolen, fraud, forgery if the amount or value involved in the offence exceeds R20 000
- Illegal dealing in or possession of precious metals or stones
- Child stealing